- Karnberg is a melancholic town accessible by way of the Vargo Pass; it is governed by burgomaster Isidora Malikov, a white-haired woman whose exotic looks mark her as a foreigner.i
- Because of its proximity to Castle Konstantine, Karnberg supplies much of Gabriel von Konstantine's required blood tithe; Isidora Malikov is only too happy to turn over her citizens to von Konstantine.
- The Halehurst Museum contains a number of rare antiquities brought back from the wider world; scholars from Creedhall University in Locksley claim that several of these items possess occult significance.
- Locksley, the capital city of Arksylvania, is governed by Lord Mayor Cyprian Tremayne, a hedonistic dandy whose lovers tend to take their own lives once he is done with them.ii
- Locksley is infamous as a den of sin and corruption; taverns, opium dens, music halls, and brothels are hardly in short supply.iii
- The much-feared Aristrad Asylum lies on the outskirts of Locksley.
- Malheim is a grim, run-down town governed by burgomaster Magnus Esperbrook, a gaunt man who openly mocks faith in the Wounded God.iv
- The holding of seances to contact the spirits of the dead is a popular pastime for residents of Malheim.
- The ruins of Thelemere Abbey lay nearby to the town of Malheim; the ruins are rumored to be the hideout of bandits, highwaymen, and worse.v